WE'RE LOOKING FOR AN IN HOUSE ENTREPRENEUR
The term “entrepreneur” is used rather ubiquitously these days. We like the straightforward definition offered by our friends at Wikipedia: An entrepreneur is someone who perceives an opportunity and often exhibits biases in taking the decision to exploit it. The exploitation includes actions to design and develop a plan, acquire the human, financial and other required resources, and to be responsible for its ultimate success or failure.
A LITTLE ABOUT JAB BRANDS...
Founded in March 2015 by serial entrepreneurs and startup operators, jab Brands is a pre-seed/seed stage venture capital firm investing in the food & food tech, fashion & beauty, and cannabis industries. We’re different than typical seed-stage firms in that we play an active management and operational role with the companies that we invest in.
You will be “Employee #2” at the company, which means you’re required to be a “jack-of-all-trades” and work on myriad of functions, from financial planning to sales & marketing to internal operations. You’ll be asked to embed yourself within early stage startups to drive key milestones. This role also has the potential to evolve into a C-level placement at a startup.
YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO IS...
- Constantly curious – if you don’t know something, you figure it out…then become the resident expert
- Driven by building things – and believe compensation is a result of doing so successfully
- Openly collaborative with ideas – because ideas are cheap, and the value lies in the execution of them
- Naturally organized – but with a penchant for “a bit of crazy” when it comes to creativity
- A people-person – you’re an astute reader of non-verbal communication and genuinely enjoy getting to know and work with new people
- Fearlessly passionate – willing to take risks, and pour your heart into something for long-term gain
- Problem solver – you’re resourceful and someone who has a love for problem-solving with lots of hustle
- Egoless – and is willing to learn from anyone
SOME THINGS THAT MIGHT GET YOU OUT OF BED EVERY DAY...
- Learning something new, a challenge
- A project that is unfinished
- Meeting someone that inspires you
- Celebrating an achievement of a co-worker
- The excitement of creating value
SOME THINGS EXPECTED OF YOU...
- Turn big ideas and vision into executional plans and strategies (bring structure to unstructured environments)
- Manage diverse teams – from technologists to creatives – and work collaboratively to drive key milestones
- Focus on efficiency while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Highly tenacious self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Keen desire to learn the inner-workings of a startup, grow and evolve with it
- Basic CS knowledge and understanding of modern data, web & backend development platforms
- Advanced MS Excel skills with ability to read, interpret and apply numbers vis-à-vis a business
- Sales and strategic communication (fluency in Salesforce, MailChimp, etc.)
- Passion for insights, research and identifying trends in the market
SOME THINGS YOU MAY HAVE DONE IN THE PAST...
- Held a job you didn’t like at some point
- Woke up in the middle of the night with an idea you had to write down
- Reflected on a past professional situation and realized you were wrong, then admitted it
- Worked an all-nighter because you wanted to (not because you had to)
Please send a quick note on why you're interested and a resume to email@example.com